Mistletoes: Membership Performance Slot
The University of Saskatchewan Ballroom Dancing Club is looking for a team of members that are interested in performing at the Mistletoes formal dinner and dance event this year.
As part of a series of recommendations put forward to the Executive from the 2017 Performance Committee; the club will offer the opportunity for one group of members to perform at Mistletoes.
Any group interested in performing must meet a series of requirements:
- The song for the routine must be appropriate for playing in our formal dance setting and must be able to meet our SOCAN/ReSound copyright rules requirements.
- The routine performed must be less than 4 minutes and 30 seconds including intro and outro.
- The routine performed must have a minimum of two members; minimum one lead and one follow.
- The routine performed must be of a dance style that is taught by the University of Saskatchewan Ballroom Dancing Club.
- The routine performed must be of all current members of the University of Saskatchewan Ballroom Dancing Club.
- The routine cannot be of the same style already being performed at Mistletoes. Currently we have Waltz, Viennese Waltz and Cha-cha as known styles being performed.
- The organizers of the performance must supply their own choreography and resources to practice.
Please contact the club if you have any questions or need clarification on these requirements.
Only one slot for a performance will be available; because of this a random lottery will be held to determine which group of all the applicants will be invited to perform.
You must fill out the registration form and submit it to the club before Friday, October 26th, 2018. The random lottery will be held by Saturday, November 3rd, 2018.